Depending on magic mushroom chocolate bar , on the outlet from the area of the investment, a mushroom farm can be started in two ways:
1. A mushroom farm with a nonstop production, with an everyday harvesting.
This’s assured by a minimum of four growing rooms.
Depending on the regional market there may be cultivated the white button mushrooms or perhaps oyster mushrooms
2. A mushroom farm with 1 2 growing rooms.
In this case the selling of mushrooms will take place on the regional market. The necessary steps to start a mushroom business:
1. Decide upon the type of mushrooms you need to cultivate.
This’s motivated by many factors:
– the area you’d like to invest in (the local market), – the budget you need to allocate to the investment (growing agaricus mushrooms requires a larger investment than oyster or perhaps shiitake ones).
2. Growing system
The growing system can be:
– Dutch system of growing mushrooms, system adopted by probably the most mushroom farms in the world
– the tray system of growing mushrooms
– the growing system on floor (it”s an old growing system)
3. The labor force in the area of yours.
Taking into consideration that mushroom harvesting for retail selling is manually made, be sure that the area provides you labor force.
4. Select the right location.
A mushroom farm can be placed in:
– former livestock farms or poultry farms. These buildings require a special hygienic and insulation to achieve the right technological parameters inside
– Greenfield investment
In this particular case the area where the mushroom farm is to be placed must dispose of the following utilities: three-phase, access road for lorries, water coming from networks or drilled well and it mustn’t be on a slope.
5. Investigate the market.
It is crucial that you know which are the suppliers and at a comparable time where you can sell the mushrooms. Calculate the costs of the provisioning with compost, casing soil, labour costs, energy and study the regional market in order to see the selling prices. In this way you are able to establish whether the mushrooms growing can be a profitable business for you or perhaps not.
6. The business plan
Like any business, a mushroom farm needs personnel, energy and fuel expenses, logistics. You will need a business plan for it. The budget ought to be established for each stage of the investment
7. The most important issue in a mushroom farm, for a great start of the business, is the technologist.
Without a seasoned technologist you will have to do a lot more things at exactly the same time: growing mushrooms, finding customers, offering the production. An experienced technologist is able to help you to create a profitable business. He is going to take care about quality and quantity of your production and you’ll take care about the market.